How To Make My Super Easy King Cake Recipe with Crescent Rolls
I make my super easy king cake recipe every year for Mardi Gras! This New Orleans quick Mardi Gras king cake is so simple and plus, it is my most popular recipe. This year I am making it for my grand kids in NYC! Everyone can’t wait to have me make my crescent roll king cake! I have had people say they like this king cake recipe better than the ones you buy in the store. And, honestly, you can whip this New Orleans king cake recipe up in minutes with reduced-fat crescent rolls–no complicated yeast dough here! This recipe is from my Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook filled with Louisiana healthy easy recipes . Just order some Mardi Gras beads and you are all set!
My Mardi Gras King Cake Is One of My Most Popular Healthy Cajun Recipes!
Gulf Coast Favorites
My Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook includes all your favorite Louisiana and Cajun recipes. However, they are easy healthy recipes! No matter the time of year, this Mardi Gras King Cake recipe is always a favorite. You can also check out How To Make A King Cake With Crescent Rolls – My Easy King Cake Recipe.
This easy Louisiana cookbook gives you healthier options for all your favorite Louisiana recipes. I really think this is my southern cookbook because I am from Texas and Louisiana. I keep my super easy king cake recipe seasonal by just changing my icing colors to go with whatever theme holiday it is. Starting with reduced-fat crescent rolls with a luscious rich cream cheese filling with lots of cinnamon makes this recipe hard to beat for the taste and it’s so simple.
Super Easy King Cake Recipe: Keep The Recipe Sesaonal
No matter the time of year, this Mardi Gras king cake is probably my most popular recipe. You can use different colors for the icing for whatever time of year you are celebrating. I keep my super easy king cake recipe seasonal by just changing my icing colors to go with whatever theme holiday it is. I have even made it without the icing or used just one color for a great tasting coffee cake. Starting with reduced-fat crescent rolls with a luscious rich cream cheese filling with lots of cinnamon makes this recipe hard to beat for the taste and it’s so simple. SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for the latest recipe!
Join me in my kitchen for my crescent roll king cake!
|From Twitter: @PastorJoelle (From IL) Beautiful King Cakes! My favorite recipe comes from Holly Clegg: We taste-tested your recipe against a yeast-based recipe and a store bought cake. Yours won easily!! The yeast-based recipe I used created a Gambinos-esque recipe & the store bought was from Kroger|
Super Easy King Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling from trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
If you’re having a Mardi Gras gathering at your house, you’ll love my post for my simple Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake
Makes 16 servings
2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Mardi Gras Icing (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 10-inch round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Separate crescent rolls at perforations, into 16 slices. Place slices around prepared pan with points in center. About halfway down from points, press seams together.
3. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread on dough in center where seams have been pressed together.
4. In another small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over cream cheese. Fold dough points over filling and then fold bottom of triangle over points forming a circular roll like a king cake.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and drizzle with colored Mardi Gras Icing.
Mardi Gras Icing:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tablespoons skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yellow, green, red, and blue food coloring
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients, except food color. Divide mixture into three bowls
2. In first bowl, add a few drops of yellow food coloring and in second bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring. In third bowl, add equal amounts of drops of red and blue food coloring (to create purple). Drizzle over baked cake.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 184 Calories from fat 36% Fat 7 g Saturated Fat 3 g Cholesterol 9 mg Sodium 275 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Sugars 16 g Protein 3 g Diabetic Exchanges 11/2 carbohydrate 11/2 fat
All You Need For My Easy King Cake Recipe
You have heard about my simple king cake recipe so now pick up some beads and you have a fun festive party. Honestly, this is a simple Mardi Gras party to have whever you live and I have the party plan to follow with my Mardi Gras Party Menu -Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake.
All My Easy Cookbooks
I love sharing my simple cooking philosophy and create practical, user-friendly recipes like my Mardi Gras King Cake! I have so many sample recipes on my healthy food blog to start you cooking. And, you can find signed copies in my store: SHOP: Get 25% OFF with CODE LA25 off Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook on my site . Of course, my cookbooks are also available on Amazon.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food – Simple Chicken Curry Recipe -Foods Good for Diabetics - January 16, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018