How To Make King Cake Recipe with Crescent Rolls! Easy New Orleans King Cake Recipe!
How to make king cake? I make my easy king cake recipe every year for Mardi Gras! This New Orleans king cake recipe for a simple homemade king cake is also one of my most popular healthy easy recipes on my healthy food blog. Everyone can’t wait to have me make my crescent roll king cake! People have said to me this New Orleans king cake recipe is better than the ones you buy in the store. And, honestly, you can whip this easy king cake recipe up in minutes with reduced-fat crescent rolls–no complicated yeast dough here! This recipe is from my Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook filled with Louisiana Cajun healthy recipes!
Secret to How to Make King Cake Recipe Homemade: My Most Popular Recipe Ever!
No matter the time of year, this is probably my most popular recipe. I keep my New Orleans king cake recipe seasonal by just changing my icing colors to go with whatever theme holiday it is. Go Pink for Valentine’s Day and you can go patriotic for the red, white and blue holidays. Starting with reduced-fat crescent rolls with a luscious rich cream cheese filling with lots of cinnamon makes this recipe hard to beat for the taste and it’s so simple. Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook includes all your favorite healthy Cajun recipes, but most importantly I make them EASY!
This easy king cake recipe makes a fun kid’s project and always a yummy breakfast or snack. So, don’t save my homemade king cake just for Mardi Gras because you can whip up this recipe with everyday ingredients. my
This is one of my favorite emails I received about my New Orleans king cake recipe. It made my day when I know people are enjoying my recipes and eating healthy! Even this king cake is better for you!
|From Twitter: @PastorJoelle (From IL) Beautiful King Cakes! My favorite recipe comes from Holly Clegg: We taste-tested your recipe against a yeast-based recipe and a store bought cake. Yours won easily!! The yeast-based recipe I used created a Gambinos-esque recipe & the store bought was from Kroger|
Easy King Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Cinnamon Filling from trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
Makes 16 servings
2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Mardi Gras Icing (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 10-inch round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Separate crescent rolls at perforations, into 16 slices. Place slices around prepared pan with points in center. About halfway down from points, press seams together.
3. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread on dough in center where seams have been pressed together.
4. In another small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over cream cheese. Fold dough points over filling and then fold bottom of triangle over points forming a circular roll like a king cake.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and drizzle with colored Mardi Gras Icing.
Mardi Gras Icing:
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 tablespoons skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yellow, green, red, and blue food coloring
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients, except food color. Divide mixture into three bowls
2. In first bowl, add a few drops of yellow food coloring and in second bowl, add a few drops of green food coloring. In third bowl, add equal amounts of drops of red and blue food coloring (to create purple). Drizzle over baked cake.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 184 Calories from fat 36% Fat 7 g Saturated Fat 3 g Cholesterol 9 mg Sodium 275 mg Carbohydrate 26 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Sugars 16 g Protein 3 g Diabetic Exchanges 11/2 carbohydrate 11/2 fat
SHOP: Get 25% OFF with CODE LA25 off Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS: Crescent Roll King Cake Recipe from my Louisiana cookbook
Check out the YouTube video to watch me how to make king cake recipe! Scroll down for step by step photos to make my easy Orleans king cake recipe wherever you live!
For another fabulous Cajun recipe try my healthy Crawfish Etouffee Cajun recipes easy The etouffee recipe is one of the most popular Crawfish Etouffee recipes —just Google Easy Crawfish Etouffee! I keep my too!
How to Make a King Cake —Watch me make my easy king cake known as Crescent Roll King Cake
Another popular recipe besides my New Orleans King Cake I always make is my Candied Pecan Brie, a party staple at my house with rave reviews. It seems there’s always extra people around this time of year. My Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook highlight Louisiana recipes but really is the best southern cookbook from salads to my Pecan Pie with Honey Crunch Topping. Doesn’t get any better than healthy southern recipes! All recipes include nutritional information and are HEALTHY EASY RECIPES! SHOP In My Store: Get 25% OFF Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook with CODE LA25
Wait Until You Try My New Homemade King Cake Recipe: Crawfish King Cake
I DID IT! My NEW Crawfish King Cake recipe is finally ready for you to try! This recipe is going wild and one bite of this easy king cake with creamy crawfish cream cheese filling and you’ll know why. A healthy king cake and a savory king cake. Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook includes 30 minute recipes from my Louisiana Kitchen and they are healthy easy recipes!! Are you a crawfish fan? I have tons of crawfish recipes on the Louisiana crawfish website! If you’re wondering is crawfish healthy? My expertise is in healthy crawfish recipes!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- English Muffin Breakfast: Caregiver Recipes Help with Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2017
- Ideas for Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Recipes and Think Pink Products - October 12, 2017
- Quick Family Dinner Ideas – Back To School Dinner Recipes! - October 5, 2017