My Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe Has Lots of Surprises!
Is there an easy cranberry bread recipe. Yes, it’s one of my healthy easy fresh cranberry recipes! I have lots of easy quick bread recipes, however, this is a favorite and it is from my cookbook, Eating Well Through Cancer. Best of all, it’s a Bisquick cranberry bread recipe and so simple to make. I make this quick bread year round, but when fresh cranberries are in the grocery I get all excited. I feel eating healthy is important and with cranberries and sweet potatoes in this yummy cranberry quick bread, I say this is healthy cooking! With Bisquick for a short cut,cream cheese for richness, sweet potatoes for flavor and moistness, cinnamon for spice and cranbeerries for that tartness, the result is a winning combination in minutes. I stock up on these ingredients. On my healthy food blog, this is one of my seasonal favorite fresh cranberry recipes.
Bisquick Cranberry Bread Recipe Makes Great Snack For Cancer Patients
When going through cancer treatment, sometimes it is easier to tolerate small meals or snacks. In my cookbook, Eating Well Through Cancer cookbook, I have a chapter devoted to Snacks and Smoothies. This bread makes a great snack. Also, this yummy moist bread freezes well. Then, you can pull it out of the freezer for breakfast or snacks. Did you know fresh cranberries also freeze up to one year? I always pick up lots of fresh cranberries this time of year, because I want to freeze them for year round recipes. You can use dried cranberries but there’s nothing like fresh!
Easy Cranberry Yam Bread from Eating Well Through Cancer
Cream cheese gives this incredible, yet easy, bread a rich flavor packed with the natural sweetness of Louisiana yams and a burst of cranberries.I think my easy cranberry bread recipe will top your quick bread list because of its nutrition, ease, and flavor. Sometimes, I toss in nuts because I love pecans in all treats.
Makes 16 slices
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potatoes and eggs. Next, stir in biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cranberries until just blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
3. Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 189, Protein (g) 4, Carbohydrate (g) 31, Fat (g) 6, Calories from Fat (%) 26, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 37, Sodium (mg) 231 Diabetic Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 0.5 fruit, 1 fat
If you enjoyed this easy cranberry bread recipe, next check out some of my other cancer recipes from Eating Well Through Cancer. I have lots of recipes under Cancer Recipes on my healthy food blog!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Buttermilk Pie with Brown Sugar Streusel Topping Recipe for the Holidays - November 17, 2017
- My Favorite Silicone Kitchen Utensils – Cooking Tools Equipment - November 14, 2017
- Food for Nausea – Gingerbread Muffins Recipe Make Easy Holiday Snack - November 13, 2017