Bisquick Banana Bread Recipe Quick Snack for Cancer Patients!
Nothing beats my easy, homemade easy Bisquick Banana Bread recipe and that solves the problem of what to do with those over-ripe bananas. It seems my daughter is always giving me over ripe-bananas and requests homemade banana bread. I have different quick bread recipes but I love this recipe. I can whip it up in literally minutes and I usually have the ingredients in my pantry. Bisquick keeps the recipe easy, and cream cheese gives the bread a wonderful flavor.
My Bisquick Banana Bread Recipe Great for Muffins and Miniature breads
You can make the Bisquick banana bread recipe in small loaves and freeze to pull out for that snack or morning meal. I have also made this recipe in muffins. Just freeze in freezer zip top bags. Banana Bread makes a great snack for cancer patients when going through treatment and you need something that is not rich, comforting and delicious to tempt those taste buds.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
This Bisqucik Banana Bread recipe might be in my cancer cookbook and that’s because the recipe is simple and makes a good snack. Whenever you have overripe bananas and don’t know what to do? Whip up a yummy quick bread.
Best Banana Bread from Eating Well Through Cancer
This snack for cancer patients is easy! This is short cut banana bread, thanks to the biscuit mix.
Makes 16 Slices
1 (8-ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese
1 cup sugar
3 medium bananas, mashed
1 large egg, beaten
2 large egg whites
2 cups biscuit baking mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven 350F. degrees. Coat nonstick 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray
2. In mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light. Beat in bananas, egg, and egg whites. Stir in biscuit mix and cinnamon until just blended. Turn into the prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake 45 minutes-1 hour, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 168, Calories from fat (%) 26, Fat (g) 5, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 20, Sodium (mg) 267, Carbohydrate (g) 28, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Protein (g) 3, Diabetic Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 0.5 fruit, 1 other carb., 0.5 fat
Doc’s Notes: Bananas are great source of potassium. They are easily digested by virtually everyone. The high carbohydrate content makes bananas the snack of choice for endurance athletes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 7, 2018