Crawfish King Cake Recipe is OMG Delicious! Have you ever made my Easy King Cake with Cream Cheese Filling from Gulf Coast Favorites? This recipe is one of my most popular recipes on my healthy food blog. I am SO EXCITED!! I created a delicious savory king cake with a cream cheese Louisiana crawfish filling and this recipe is one of the best Louisiana and easy crawfish recipes ever! If you enjoy stuffed crawfish bread and always looking for easy crawfish recipes, my new crawfish recipe is like hitting the ball out of the park! Known as the crescent roll king cake, now you have a sweet and a savory version. Not sure which is the best!
How to Make Healthy Easy Crawfish Recipes and BEST Crawfish King Cake Recipe
My Healthy Crawfish King Cake Filling Great for Crawfish Stuffed Bread Too!
I kept the recipe simple by using reduced-fat crescent rolls and even included the beloved cream cheese filling flavored with onion, bell pepper, and garlic. I am known for my healthy easy recipes and this delicious Crawfish King Cake recipe fits into that recipe profile. Just the right amount of reduced-fat cream cheese combined with Louisiana crawfish tails baked inside the crescent roll circle and topped with Mardi Gras colored Parmesan cheese makes the most delectable recipe ever. The filling can be used for Stuffed Crawfish bread to fill French Bread.
Guess How I Made Mardi Gras Colored Topping for My Crawfish King Cake?
Of course, I had to have the Mardi Gras colors on top my easy crawfish king cake recipe but I couldn’t include icing. I tried a couple of options but I came up with the idea of using food coloring with grated Parmesan cheese. The Parmesan cheese complements the tasty Louisiana crawfish filling. If you like a stuffed crawfish bread recipe, this recipe will become your favorite.
Crawfish King Cake from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook (adapted)
My simple savory king cake starts with crescent rolls and filled with a scrumptious creamy crawfish filling topped with Mardi Gras colored cheese representing the traditional king cake colors. My Mardi Gras King Cake with Cream Cheese Filling from Gulf Coast Favorites is my sweet favorite and this Mardi Gras Crawfish King Cake is my savory favorite of easy crawfish recipes!
Makes 14 servings
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup Louisiana crawfish tails, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup chopped green onion
3 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat crescent rolls
Mardi Gras Topping (see recipe)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 10-inch round pizza pan lined with foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion, red pepper and garlic until tender. Add crawfish, green onion and cream cheese, stirring until creamy. Remove from heat.
3. Separate crescent rolls at perforations, into 16 slices. Place slices around prepared pan with points in the center. About halfway down from points, press seams together.
4. Spread crawfish mixture on dough in the center where seams have been pressed together. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold dough points over filling, then fold bottom of triangle over points forming circular roll like king cake.
5. Bake about 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Mardi Gras Topping (see recipe).
Mardi Gras Topping
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Yellow, green, red, and blue food coloring
1. In three small bowls, divide cheese. First bowl, add few drops yellow food coloring. Next bowl, add few drops green food coloring. Last bowl, add equal amounts of red and blue food coloring (to create purple).
2. Sprinkle cheese over baked king cake. Return to oven 1-2 minutes or until cheese melted.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 136, Calories from fat 46%, Fat 7g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 26mg, Sodium 317mg, Carbohydrate 15g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g, Protein 6g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
Best Healthy Cajun Recipes Simplified For Everyday Cooking
Best of all this is a healthy crawfish recipe for king cake! Love Louisiana recipes–Gulf Coast Favorites Cookbook includes all of the recipes easier and healthier. I made sure to include lots of classic Cajun recipes! This is the perfect cookbook so you can eat our best healthy Cajun recipes and healthy southern recipes wherever you live. Best of Louisiana cooking—the easy way!
Scoop on Louisiana Easy Crawfish Recipes
I was really excited about my new Crawfish King Cake recipe because it tastes like the best stuffed crawfish bread you have ever tasted. I have lots of great easy Louisiana crawfish recipes. One of my favorite jobs I do is recipe development. Working with the Louisiana Crawfish Promotions board gives me the opportunity to give you healthy crawfish recipes! Check out my Louisiana crawfish recipes on their site! Who doesn’t love having our healthy Cajun recipes and I even have the best Mardi Gras Menu! And if you are wondering is crawfish healthy?
Let Your Kids Have Fun with Healthy Cajun Food?
I couldn’t wait to share this fun kid’s crawfish boil pot with you. I actually bought this Kid’s Crawfish boil set for my grand kids and they had so much fun pretending to boil crawfish. It is made well and lots of fun for the kids. If you have a Louisiana tie or like easy crawfish recipes, this makes such a fun kid’s gift. Of course, they always have fun cooking with me.
Shop on My Website Store For Autographed Cookbook
Shop directly on my site store and use discount code LA25 for 25% off Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook and cookbooks will be autographed. Most importantly, you have to use my cookbooks if you get them or I will come steal them back! I love the fact people tell me they have all the ingredients always in their pantry. All my trim and terrific cookbooks contain healthy easy recipes and samples of the recipes are on my healthy food blog! The proof is in the tasting.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Chicken Quesadilla Recipes -Use Leftover Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Chutney - November 23, 2017
- Healthy Turkey Leftover Recipes with Louisiana Fried Turkey Fat Facts! - November 23, 2017
- Unique Kitchen Gadgets Make Great Ideas for What to Give for a Gift - November 23, 2017