Strawberry Heart Cake Recipe Special Ending to Dinner Party on Valentine’s Day
Even if you are not, this fun playful strawberry heart cake recipe makes your sweetheart’s day extra sweet! Spouse, kids, friends, or coworkers – all ages will appreciate this delicious festive cake this Valentine’s Day but truly it is the best strawberry cake recipe. Last year I had a Valentine’s party at my house and really got into the Valentine’s Day theme with inexpensive Valentine’s Day decorations. We all had so much fun and here is a glimpse of our fun night!
Easy Valentine Recipes Like My Strawberry Heart Cake
I love to make recipes specific to the holiday and especially Valentine’s Day recipes. You will love the easy festive desserts like my Valentine Blonde Brownies and go-to party menus in my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook. My Valentine’s Day Menu with aphrodisiac foods will lure you in the kitchen! Check out all my easy Valentine Day recipes on my healthy food blog!
Strawberry Heart Cake Recipe
This awesome strawberry heart cake recipe makes the best strawberry cake and is too good to save for only Valentine’s Day. Turn into a round layered cake year-round with 9-inch round pans. It begins with a cake mix and is easy to make.
Makes 16 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
2 egg whites
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries (1/2 cup) (reserve extra for frosting)
1/2 cup skim milk
Strawberry Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat one 9 x 9 x 2-inch square pan and one 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, egg whites, strawberry gelatin, 1/2 cup strawberries, milk, mixing until well blended. Divide batter, pour into prepared pans. Bake 25 – 30 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, cool completely.
3. To form heart: Place square cake on large platter. Cut round cake in half, place each half with cut side next to square side. You may need to trim corners. This now makes a heart. Turn cakes so square cake’s pointed end is down and round halves are at top. Frost heart cake with Strawberry Frosting (see recipe below).
3 tablespoons butter
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries (1/2 cup)
1. In medium mixing bowl, mix together butter, confectioners’ sugar, remaining strawberries until well blended.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 336, Protein (g) 3, Carbohydrate (g) 60, Fat (g) 9, Calories from Fat (%) 25, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 27, Sodium (mg) 262 Diabetic Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Easy Valentine’s Day Decorations
For a fun and simple Valentine centerpiece idea, fill a glass vase (similar version here) with trimmed roses or layered Valentine’s Day candy with small candle votives on top! You’ll love all my easy, fabulous Valentine’s Day Recipes and Affordable Valentine’s Day decorations.
How To Make Strawberry Heart Cake: You Only Need Round And Square Cake Pan
No special pans or gadgets to turn your cake into the best Strawberry Cake. Turn the square pan at an angle and cut the round cake pan in half and put on both sides. I have more fun with the grand kids making the heart cake recipe! Best of all, wait until you taste this easy strawberry cake recipe-it is one of the best strawberry cakes!Cuisinart 9-Inch Chef’s Nonstick Round Cake PanUSA Bakeware Square Cake Pan, 9 -in Nonstick
You Can Even Make A Valentine King Cake!
With pink food coloring, turn my easy king cake recipe into a fun Valentine’s Day King Cake recipe. Made with crescent rolls, the kids will have fun helping you make it too.
Happy Valentine’s Day and have as much fun as I do with all my simple and even healthy Valentine’s Day recipes!
Take Care Of Your Heart And Start Eating Healthy With My Easy Healthy Cookbooks!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Eat with Color the Colors of Olympic Rings – Watch Winter Olympics 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Salmon Recipes – One of Best Easy 5 Ingredient Recipes - February 18, 2018
- Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo -Secret to Simple Healthy Roux for Gumbo - February 10, 2018