Strawberry Heart Cake Special Ending to Dinner Party on Valentine’s Day?
Even if you are not, this fun playful strawberry heart cake makes your sweetheart’s day extra sweet! Spouse, kids, friends, or coworkers – all ages will appreciate this delicious festive cake this Valentine’s Day. Last year I had a Valentine’s party at my house and really got into the Valentine’s Day theme with inexpensive Valentine’s Day decorations. We all had so much fun and here is a glimpse of our fun night! You will love the easy festive desserts and go-to party menus in my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence cookbook. My Valentine’s Day Menu with aprhrodiasiac foods will lure you in the kitchen!
Easy Valentine’s Day Decorations
For a fun and simple Valentine centerpiece idea, fill a glass vase (similar version here) with trimmed roses or layered Valentine’s Day candy with small candle votives on top! You’ll love all my easy, fabulous Valentine’s Day Recipes and Affordable Valentine’s Day decorations
Strawberry Heart Cake
This awesome strawberry heart cake is too good to save for only Valentine’s Day. Turn into a round layered cake year-round with 9-inch round pans. It begins with a cake mix and is easy to make.
Makes 16 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
1/4 cup canola oil
2 egg whites
1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries (1/2 cup) (reserve extra for frosting)
1/2 cup skim milk
Strawberry Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat one 9 x 9 x 2-inch square pan and one 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, egg whites, strawberry gelatin, 1/2 cup strawberries, milk, mixing until well blended. Divide batter, pour into prepared pans. Bake 25 – 30 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, cool completely.
3. To form heart: Place square cake on large platter. Cut round cake in half, place each half with cut side next to square side. You may need to trim corners. This now makes a heart. Turn cakes so square cake’s pointed end is down and round halves are at top. Frost heart cake with Strawberry Frosting (see recipe below).
3 tablespoons butter
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries (1/2 cup)
1. In medium mixing bowl, mix together butter, confectioners’ sugar, remaining strawberries until well blended.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 336, Protein (g) 3, Carbohydrate (g) 60, Fat (g) 9, Calories from Fat (%) 25, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Cholesterol (mg) 27, Sodium (mg) 262 Diabetic Exchanges: 4 other carbohydrate, 2 fat
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe with Bisquick! A Cranberry Sweet Potato Recipe - December 12, 2017
- Easy Sesame Chicken Recipe Is Favorite Sesame Chicken Crock Pot Recipe - December 12, 2017
- Eggnog Bundt Cake – Cake Mix and Eggnog Make Amazing Eggnog Spice Cake - December 7, 2017