My Super Simple Salsa Recipe Jazzed Up with Avocado and Corn
Instead of buying or picking up salsa, whip up this fabulous healthy easy recipe. My simple salsa recipe is just a a combination of opening cans and fresh ingredients. Start with canned tomatoes and add fresh creamy avocados, green onions, and lime juice for fresh easy homemade salsa recipe. Best of all, people think this is a fresh homemade salsa recipe making it one of my favorite simple salsa recipes! We go out for Mexican food, and I think we all love chips and salsa the best! I am an expert on healthy cooking and I don’t want to give up salsa. This awesome recipe for Super Salsa is from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook.
Super Salsa from Too Hot in the Kitchen
Open a few cans combined with fresh ingredients for a simple salsa recipe that’s super snazzy! You can make homemade tortilla chips or pick up a bag.
Makes 16 (1/4 cup) servings
1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
1 (11-ounce) can Southwestern corn, drained
1 avocado, chopped
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped jarred jalapenos
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
Tortilla Chips (recipe follows)
1. In bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve with homemade Tortilla Chips (see recipe below).
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 47 Calories from fat 36% Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 151mg Carbohydrate 7g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 2g Protein 1g Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
These chips make a great snack and for a variation, sprinkle with your favorite seasonings.
Makes 16 (1 tortilla) servings
16 (6-8-inch) whole wheat or white flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven 425°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brush each tortilla with water. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges, and place on prepared pan.
3. Bake 3 minutes and turn. Continue baking 3 minutes longer or until crisp.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 73 Calories from fat 0% Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 171mg Carbohydrate 20g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 0g Protein 3g Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Eat with Color the Colors of Olympic Rings – Watch Winter Olympics 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Salmon Recipes – One of Best Easy 5 Ingredient Recipes - February 18, 2018
- Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo -Secret to Simple Healthy Roux for Gumbo - February 10, 2018