Spinach Artichoke Dip St. Paddy’s Day Favorite
Do you have a St. Patrick’s Day parade where you live? Here in Baton Rouge it is a great neighborhood parade that turns into a pretty big deal. And if you live on or near the route you better have a few snacks, like this amazing Spinach Artichoke Dip, as you are sure to have some parade revelers as guests. There are tons of versions of this popular dip but this one is an healthy easy recipe. Solve your party food, appetizer, and finger food needs!
Go Green with BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip for St. Patrick’s Day Party Recipes
My quick, popular version of Spinach Artichoke Dip is really hard to beat, try it if you doubt me. What’s different? Well, start with a creamy white sauce and the combination of creamy, rich Brie with Parmesan makes an unbeatable flavor plus the recipe is trim and terrific!! No guilt with this recipe so enjoy your greens for St. Paddy’s Day or March is National Nutrition Month! Serve with pita chips or vegetables, like red pepper squares, cucumber rounds and carrots.
Spinach Artichoke Dip Doubles as a Veggie
Have extra Spinach Artichoke dip, just serve with your next meal as a creamy spinach side. Did you know this fabulous dip also freezes? I love when I have extra dip because I freeze in a zip-lock freezer-friendly plastic bag to pull out when I have the munchies.
Spinach Artichoke Dip from Holly Clegg’s Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites
Makes 20 (1/4-cup) servings
1 onion, chopped
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups skim milk
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, heating until bubbly and thickened.
2. Add garlic, spinach, Brie, and Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in artichokes, cayenne and season to taste.1. In a nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, heating until bubbly and thickened.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 54 Calories from fat 34% Fat 2g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 7mg Sodium 125mg Carbohydrate 5g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 4g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 lean meat
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe with Bisquick! A Cranberry Sweet Potato Recipe - December 12, 2017
- Easy Sesame Chicken Recipe Is Favorite Sesame Chicken Crock Pot Recipe - December 12, 2017
- Eggnog Bundt Cake – Cake Mix and Eggnog Make Amazing Eggnog Spice Cake - December 7, 2017