My Favorite Spice Cake Mix Recipes are my Apple Pie Bars Recipe!
I love the fall and I really love spice cake mix recipes! This yummy apple pie bars recipe is the best to get the essence of spice without any effort. I know I can make my Caramel Apple Bars year round but for some reason, I anxiously await for fall to make this recipe. So, get into the fall spirit with this easy-to-make, healthy recipe, mouthwatering treat, in my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook. This apple spice bars recipe is better than an apple pie! Recipes with spice cake mixes simplify homemade cooking. I call it convenience cooking!
Spice Cake Mix Recipes with Apples, Caramel and Oatmeal Make Best Fall Apple Dessert
Apples and caramels make us think of fall so my Caramel Apple Bars make the most perfect dessert. Spice cake mix recipes are the best because the cake mix simplifies the recipe. With fresh apples, these apple spice bars recipe is reminiscent of a hot apple pie from the oven. Actually, a cross between an apple crumble pie and spice cake with a touch of cinnamon, creates the perfect apple dessert combo to warm up your taste buds for the season. An easy favorite, for sure!! And, I love recipes using a spice cake mix; talk about simple! Sugar and spice and everything nice.
Apple Caramel Spice Bars from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast Favorites
With spice cake mix recipes, you can whip up my apple spice bars recipe in minutes. Keep these ingredients in your pantry for a fast fall dessert!
Makes 24 servings
1 (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
1 cup fat-free caramel flavored topping
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, combine cake mix and oatmeal. Add egg and butter and blend with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture, add pecans; set aside.
3. Pat remaining mixture into prepared pan, bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and place apples evenly over crust.
4. In small bowl, mix together caramel topping and flour, pour evenly over apples. Sprinkle with remaining pecan crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and sides pull away from edges. Don’t overcook.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 196, Calories from fat (%) 31, Fat (g) 7, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 19, Sodium (mg) 207, Carbohydrate (g) 32, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Sugars (g) 18, Protein (g) 2, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Like my Apple Spice Bars Recipe? I Believe In Healthy Easy Recipes!
Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 easy recipes from my Louisiana Kitchen
Looking for healthy easy recipes that get you in and out of the kitchen? This cookbook includes all your favorite healthier southern recipes plus healthy Cajun recipes!
Just like my caramel apple bars, you’ll find bread pudding, Pecan Pie with Honey Topping and even White Chocolate Cheesecake. OK! Yes, I do have a sweet tooth. However, all these bites of indulgences are trim and terrific!
A Good Peeler Makes Such a Difference When Making Caramel Apple Bars
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
I know I told you the recipe has a jar of caramel and is a spice cake mix recipe but you do still have to peel the apples. Don’t buy fancy apple peeling gadgets. All you need is a good peeler and it makes a BIG difference how easy and quickly you can peel the apples.
Time to replace your peeler now and you will be thanking me I promise because you will be wanting to make these apple spice bars recipe for EVERYONE. Better than an homemade apple pie recipe because it is so simple. Don’t forget to top with frozen vanilla yogurt!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 7, 2018