Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Make-Ahead Easy and Impressive
When making a delicious meal or especially when entertaining, I think the sides are important. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age showcase asparagus. When asparagus are in season, put this recipe on top of your list. If phyllo dough intimidates you, it shouldn’t. Actually, phyllo dough is easy to use. These snappy Prosciutto Wrapped Aasparagus look impressive but will will amaze you with their simplicity. Super Easy! Best of all, I make them ahead of time. Then, I refrigerate and cover with a damp paper towel until ready to cook. I have used as an appetizer or put on the plate as a side. You’ll find yourself making this asparagus often. The toughest decision is to use for an appetizer or a side.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age.
This is an unbeatable combination of mellow asparagus with crispy coating, salty prosciutto and a touch of cheese. These wraps may be prepared ahead of time. All you need to do is refrigerate and bake before serving. These wraps are quick to make with an amazing finish.
Makes 10-12 servings
24 asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed discarding ends
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
8 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
1. Preheat oven 425°F. Coat foil lined baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook asparagus in large skillet with little water. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, depending on size of asparagus (or can cook in microwave).
3. Take two sheets phyllo dough and coat each sheet with nonstick cooking spray and layer. Cut into 6 sections (one across and two down).
4. Sprinkle each section with about 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan. Wrap a prosciutto strip around asparagus. Lay asparagus on corner of phyllo section. Roll up diagonally, exposing asparagus tip. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Coat asparagus with nonstick cooking spray.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until phyllo is golden and crispy. Serve warm or room temperature. If asparagus are thin, use two asparagus instead of one for each wrap.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 25 Calories from fat 45% Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 2mg Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 1g Protein 1g Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable
Spicy Advice: Serve Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus as a special side or for a fun party pick-up. Sometimes I just make them because they are so good!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food Experts- Join My Interview For Living With Diabetes - January 19, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018