Healthy Mac and Cheese Recipe is one of the ultimate classic comfort foods.
My healthy Mac and cheese recipe is always a family favorite and I have to admit my kids do like the Kraft macaroni and cheese dinner version in the box. Well, I had to come up with a healthier mac and cheese recipe that was easy plus I had to try to convince my kids how good my macaroni and cheese recipe was. So, I did it and my trim and terrific baked mac and cheese recipe that’s in my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook is better for you and healthier.
Easy Mac and Cheese Recipe is ONE STEP-No Boiling Pasta
What’s best about this easy healthy Mac and Cheese recipe is you don’t even have to boil the pasta. Just toss all the ingredients in one dish and magically it turns out out easy to whip up and absolutely delicious. Nothing fancy as this family favorite uses pantry ingredients that you probably already have at your home.
One Step Mac and Cheese in Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Gulf Coast Favorites
Use no boil pasta for this all-in-one recipe for a quick and simple favorite. I like a little sugar, but you can leave out the sugar, if desired.
Makes about 12 (2/3 cup) servings
5 cups skim milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 (16-ounce.) package small sea shell pasta or macaroni
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese divided
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and sugar. Combine butter, pasta and 1 1/2 cups cheese in prepared dish. Pour milk mixture over and stir well.
3. Bake, covered, about 50 minutes or until all liquid is almost absorbed. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese; continue baking 5-10 minutes more.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 255, Calories from fat 19%, Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 32 mg, Sodium 178 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 10 g, Protein 14 g, Diabetic Exchanges 2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1 lean meat
I usually use a Pyrex oblong baking dish which should be a staple in your home. Here’s a fantastic oblong porcelain baking dish perfect for this recipe. From oven to table or great if you’re bring the Mac and Cheese somewhere.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food Experts- Join My Interview For Living With Diabetes - January 19, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018