Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes
I am always looking to add to my collection of easy holiday dessert recipes! Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite healthy Louisiana ingredients, rich in fiber, and Vitamins A, C and E. The natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with a cinnamon streusel and citrus glaze creates one amazing Sweet Potato Cinnamon Orange Glaze Bundt Cake from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook. I was bombarded with requests for the healthy Christmas recipe. Read my story below about this recipe and you’ll see why this recipe qualifies as an all-star dessert.
Sweet Potato Cinnamon Orange Glaze Bundt Cake from Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast cookbook
Looking for easy holiday dessert recipes?
Makes 16-20 servings
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup light brown sugar, divided
2 egg whites
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potato, drained and mashed
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat nonstick Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, egg, egg whites until light and fluffy. Add sweet potatoes and mix.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Gradually add flour mixture to mixing bowl alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla.
4. In another bowl, combine pecans with remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
5. Spread one-third of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with half pecan topping. Repeat layers ending with final one-third of batter. Bake 40–45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. In small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 225, Calories from fat (%) 28, Fat (g) 7, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 23, Sodium (mg) 155, Carbohydrate (g) 37, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Sugars (g) 20, Protein (g) 4, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 1/2 carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Terrific Tidbit: When a recipe calls for canned sweet potatoes, fresh may also be used.
Healthy Christmas Recipe Made Easy With My Mini Cuisinart Food Processor
Cuisinart Mini Food Processor
I never thought I would use my Mini Cuisinart Food Processor as much as I do. I cook in such quantity since I am always testing lots of recipes or preparing food for TV so I got used to the larger size.
But to my surprise, it has so many helpful uses, like chopping pecans in this healthy Christmas recipe and I LOVE it. From chopping nuts or just a quick dinner, it is the perfect size with easy clean-up and so simple to store.
Testing Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes For Cookbooks
I always test all my recipes. I thought this Sweet Potato Cinnamon Orange Glaze Bundt cake would be great for the holiday season. Next I tested the recipe and it was delicious. However, I didn’t think I had room for another recipe in my trim&TERRIFIC Gulf Coast cookbook. I sliced some of the cake to take to my gym class, and I immediately had requests for the recipe! I told my mother about the story and she said to email her the recipe. My mother made the Sweet Potato Orange Glaze Bundt Cake for her friends and her doctor. After tasting the cake, I was bombarded with recipe requests from whomever she gave a piece. Well, this changed my mind. As you have probably figured out, I made room for the recipe in the cookbook and I am delighted to share it with you now.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food Experts- Join My Interview For Living With Diabetes - January 19, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018