Great St Patrick Day Cake Recipes – BEST Green Red Velvet Cake
Get into the St Patrick Day Cake Recipes – everyone’s favorite cake goes green. My FAVORITE Red Velvet Cake recipe from my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook (all easy, healthier southern recipes) is one of the easiest and best ever, and by adding green food coloring you have the best southern red velvet cake turned green. Also, make sure you have good nonstick round cake pans to make sure your cake won’t stick to the pan.
Go Green Desserts with St Patrick Day cake recipes
The Green Red Velvet Cake might be one of my favorite St Patrick Day cake recipes, but if you haven’t had my 3-ingredient Easy Chocolate Truffles with White Chocolate Icing from Too Hot in the Kitchen you are in for a real treat, because by adding green coloring to the white chocolate, this bite of decadence gets a St Patrick Day dessert makeover.
Green Red Velvet Cake from my Gulf Coast Favorite Cookbook
Perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or any special occasion, this southern classic never goes out of style, and take a short cut by using cake mix to effortlessly prepare a beautiful and deliciously rich lusciousus cake.
Makes 16-20 serving
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 cup canola oil
3 egg whites
1 (1-ounce) bottle green food coloring
1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
Cream Cheese Icing (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven 350ºF. Coat three 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, cocoa, oil, egg, egg whites, food coloring. In small bowl, combine milk and vinegar, add to mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pans, bake 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool layers on a rack, ice with Cream Cheese Icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
Makes 16 servings
1. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar, beat until light. Add vanilla.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 272, Calories from fat (%) 29, Fat (g) 9, Saturated Fat (g) 4, Cholesterol (mg) 23, Sodium (mg) 246, Carbohydrate (g) 45, Dietary Fiber (g) 0, Sugars (g) 35, Protein (g) 3, Diabetic Exchanges: 3 carbohydrate, 2 fat
Turn Green Red Velvet into Another Favorite Dessert – The Trifle
TERRIFIC TIDBIT: For another fantastic dessert option, turn this cake into a trifle by layering cake, cream cheese icing, and nonfat whipped topping in a trifle or glass bowl. One time, the layers fell apart and I turned it into a trifle, and now I make the cake both ways and can’t decide which is the most popular! Here’s an inexpensive trifle bowl to keep on hand as I always love serving trifles, and this Red Velvet Berry Trifle is a winner!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Chicken Quesadilla Recipes -Use Leftover Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Chutney - November 23, 2017
- Healthy Turkey Leftover Recipes with Louisiana Fried Turkey Fat Facts! - November 23, 2017
- Unique Kitchen Gadgets Make Great Ideas for What to Give for a Gift - November 23, 2017