Mexican Cheesecake Recipe is Great Make-Ahead Savory Cheesecake Appetizer Recipe
Entertaining can be stressful and I think it helps to make recipes ahead of time when you’re having people over. This Mexican Cheesecake recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen tops my list of cream cheese appetizer recipes for several reasons. First, it is a make ahead appetizer recipe! Prepare my Fiesta Cheesecake recipe and freeze to pull out when its time for your party. Who doesn’t like scrumptious savory cheesecake appetizer recipes? I also like the fact this recipe serves a crowd and make a wonderful vegetarian appetizer option. Get ready for this southwestern cheesecake recipe to be the talk of the party because lots of people have never had a savory cheesecake appetizer!
Fiesta Cheesecake Recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook
Make ahead and freeze this savory Mexican cheesecake recipe for the best savory cheesecake appetizer taste sensation. If freezing, top with salsa, just before serving.
Makes 20 – 25 servings
1 cup toasted corn checks cereal crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups salsa, divided
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 9-inch spring form pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In spring form pan, mix together cereal crumbs, butter, and oil, press into bottom of prepared pan.
3. In mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, egg and egg whites until creamy. Add garlic, chili powder and cumin, mixing well.
4. Fold in Cheddar cheese, green chilies, green onions, and onion. Carefully spread half mixture over crust, top with 1 cup salsa, and cover with remaining cream cheese mixture; do not mix.
5. Bake 50-60 minutes or until mixture is set. Remove from oven, let cool in pan 10 minutes. Run knife around inside edge to loosen, remove sides from pan. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating. When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and top with remaining 1 cup salsa.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 96 Calories from fat 58% Fat 6g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 26mg Sodium 252mg Carbohydrate 6g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 2g Protein 4g Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 lean meat, 1 fat
For extra flavor and kick, use a flavored salsa to the Mexican cheesecake appetizer such as roasted tomato or your favorite. I like to purchase fresh salsa from the grocery. Also, you can add shrimp or crabmeat to any cheesecake cream cheese appetizer recipes for a seafood southwestern version.
Fiesta Cheesecake Recipe From Too Hot in the Kitchen Cookbook
You would expect to find this fabulous Mexican Cheesecake recipe in Too Hot in the Kitchen. The cookbook has an Easy Entertaining Chapter and there’s some super simple party recipes! I have called this a woman’s health cookbook but truly, it is an everyday cookbook with 30-minute healthy easy recipes.
What makes it different? All those women’s quotes and good reading with a focus on women! This book also has another one of my most popular cream cheese appetizers, Mango Chutney Spread recipe which is a simple layered dip. You can read more about this fun, trendy cookbook on my healthy food blog and also find more recipes from the book.
My Fiesta Cheesecake Recipe or Any Cheesecake Recipe Needs A Spring Form Pan
Hiware 9 Inch Non-stick Cheesecake Pan Springform Pan / Leakproof
This Mexican Cheesecake recipe is easy to make but you really do need a spring form pan. If you don’t have a spring form pan, this is one baking pan you should add to your collection. Cheesecake is the #1 American favorite dessert and you’ll love my White Chocolate Cheesecake from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook.
Cream cheese appetizer recipes are always popular but you will “wow” your friends and family with this best of the savory cheesecake appetizer recipes. However, a spring form pan is a must to showcase this delicious recipe.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 7, 2018