Best Margarita Cake Recipes For Summer Desserts!
Margarita cake recipes made with a cake mix? Did I get your attention when I brought up margarita cakes? Who doesn’t like a refreshing margarita? Usually the decision is whether you prefer it frozen or over ice. But, I have margarita cake non alcoholic recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook that will “WOW” you. Simple, refreshing and honestly, one of my favorite quick cakes. I start thinking about this recipe around Cinco de Mayo but it really is one of my favorite quick easy summer desserts. Everyone raves about it and always asks me for the recipe. I think it’s that sweet and salty combination that everyone adores. I adore the simplicity of the margarita cake with cake mix and it is sinfully delicious!
GET MY COOKBOOK WITH HEALTHY EASY RECIPES MARGARITA MIX
What Makes This The BEST of Margarita Cake Recipes?
When I was creating this margarita cake non alcoholic recipe, I included all the components of a margarita-sweet and salty. The pretzel crust gives the cake that wonderful salty touch. The pretzel combined with just a little brown sugar forms the bottom. Now, you wouldn’t think grated lime rind is important but the fresh lime rind infuses the cake with so much flavor. So you must have a good zester. I promise this is a kitchen gadget that makes cooking easier! have made the cake without the rind when I forgot a fresh lime but you definitely can taste the difference. Also, this is one of the easiest margarita cake recipes because you make this Margarita Cake with cake mix! Then, just top with whipped topping and you are done. I make it ahead of time and refrigerate. I have brought this easy Margarita Cake to so many parties and outdoor casual gathering.
DO YOU HAVE A GOOD ZESTER? MUST HAVE KITCHEN GADGET
Margarita Cake with Cake Mix Makes Quick Easy Summer Dessert
Easy Margarita Cake from Too Hot in the Kitchen Cookbook
Sweet and salty, light and refreshing, this margarita cake with cake mix flavored with non-alcoholic margarita mix and lime, on a pretzel crust makes quite an “ole!” Try more of my easy summer recipes! Also, be sure to try my other margarita recipes such as Margarita Shrimp and Margarita Salt Body Buffer!
Makes 24 servings
1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
1 1/4 cups bottled non-alcoholic margarita mix
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon grated lime rind
3 egg whites
1 (8-ounce) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
Additional grated lime rind, if desired
1. Heat oven 350°F. Coat 13x9x2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, mix pretzels, brown sugar and melted butter. Press into pan.
3. In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, oil, lime rind and egg whites until well mixed. Carefully pour batter over pretzel mixture.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown and top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely. Frost with whipped topping; sprinkle with additional lime rind. Refrigerate.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 176 Calories from fat 34% Fat 7g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 6mg Sodium 260mg Carbohydrate 27g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 12g Protein 2g Dietary Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Spicy Advice: Don’t skip on the lime rind as it infuses mucho flavor essence in the cake.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- English Muffin Breakfast: Caregiver Recipes Help with Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2017
- Ideas for Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Recipes and Think Pink Products - October 12, 2017
- Quick Family Dinner Ideas – Back To School Dinner Recipes! - October 5, 2017