Make Ahead Brunch Recipes Like Mexican Breakfast Casserole Top Easy Breakfast Tailgate Recipes
Make ahead brunch recipes are the best. When tailgating in college, food may not be the first thing that crosses your mind on Game Day. However, there is an exception……Brunch! College students, especially girls, love a good brunch on game day. and especially easy breakfast tailgate recipes for breakfast. That’s because it gives you a reason to start your game day early, have some mimosas, and fuel up with some great brunch food that will last you throughout the day. In the spirit of our Game Day Brunch, I made Holly’s Mildly Mexican Breakfast Casserole in KITCHEN 101, another one of her easy college recipes!
Everyone Loved This Mexican Breakfast Bake For Easy Breakfast Tailgate Recipe
This Mexican Breakfast Casserole was the star of our easy breakfast tailgate menu. invited several of my friends over to brunch with us before the game and had them all bring their own dishes. The one everyone could not stop talking about was the Mexican Breakfast Bake. It tasted like I had been working on it all morning, whereas, in reality, it was perfectly effortless. It also had the right amount of spiciness for a breakfast dish, while still containing savory bites of a cheesy egg mixture. I love make ahead brunch recipes because your work is done ahead of time! Pick up some fresh fruit and be adventurous and try Holly’s Cheese Grits recipe. Don’t forget the Mimosas!
Mildly Mexican Breakfast Bake from KITCHEN 101
Everyone loves my simple recipes and this is also one of my favorite breakfast easy college recipes. This overnight Mexican Breakfast Casserole sensation with bright colors and flavors will wake up those morning taste-buds! This is the best of make-ahead brunch recipes because you make it the night before, refrigerate and pop in the oven the next day.
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
8 ounces ground breakfast turkey sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 red, green, or yellow bell pepper, cored and chopped
2 cups baby spinach
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (4-ounce) can green chilies
6 egg whites
2 cups fat-free half-and-half
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
5 (8-inch) 98% fat-free flour tortillas, cut into quarters
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble sausage until starts to brown. Add onion and bell pepper, cooking until sausage is done and vegetables tender. Add spinach, garlic and green chilies; cooking until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
3. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, half-and-half, chili powder, cumin and cheese.
4. Spoon one-third of sausage mixture in baking dish. Top with one-third tortilla quarters and one-third cheese and green onions. Repeat layers, ending with green onion. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole and refrigerate, covered, at least 6 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven 350°F. If using glass baking dish, place in cold oven and bake 50-60 minutes or until bubbly, golden brown and knife inserted into custard comes out clean.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 390, Calories from Fat 35%, Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 151mg, Sodium 751mg, Carbohydrates 29g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Total Sugars 7g, Protein 23g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat free milk, 1 vegetable
Great Healthy College Cookbook!
Who has time to cook in college? With my busy schedule and way too much to do, cooking can be challenging.
That’s why I LOVE Holly’s KITCHEN 101 cookbook!! Easy healthy recipes with everyday ingredients makes it easy to find recipes I can whip up to eat healthier!
This Breakfast Bake Makes Most Convenient Brunch Recipe
My favorite thing about the Mildly Mexican Breakfast Bake is that it is an overnight bake. This means make ahead brunch recipes like this yummy casserole you prepare the entire recipe the night before and then instead of putting it in the oven; you put it in the refrigerator. This gives all the flavors time to combine and be soaked up into the tortillas. And it gives you time to get ready in the morning without having to worry about preparing a dish!
Add A Whisk To Your Kitchen
OXO Good Grips 11-In Whisk
If you don’t have a whisk, this is a good gadget to add to your kitchen. Inexpensive and easy storage, I use this whisk to beat the egg mixture. You will find lots of uses for it and it really does make mixing easier!
This is a good size and shape whisk and Oxo a great brand (well, Holly told me it was)!
Easy Breakfast Tailgating Recipes Perfect For Anytime Meals
Don’t be fooled, this breakfast tailgate recipe can be used for things besides brunch and tailgating. It can be perfect holidays or just a delicious way to start your day. Anytime, you need to feed a group and don’t have time to cook. Remember, you put together the casserole the night before. Have fun and look no further for delicious breakfast tailgate recipes
Latest posts by Emma Pittman (see all)
- Make Ahead Brunch Recipes Are Easy Game Day Breakfast And Tailgate Recipes - November 6, 2017
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe : Short Cut With Canned Beans + Healthy - September 6, 2017
- Greek Chopped Salad – My #1 Favorite Easy Greek Salad Recipe - August 10, 2017