Louisiana Dirty Rice Recipe A Classic Cajun Recipe
Louisiana Dirty Rice recipe is high on the list when it comes to some of our favorite Louisiana dishes. My healthy easy recipes like dirty rice recipe is a Louisiana tradition. In my Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook, I include all your southern and healthy Cajun recipes. Yes, I turned Louisiana favorites into healthy easy recipes! It is made with a mixture of ground beef, seasonings and brown rice. You can serve this dish as a side or entree. The seasonings may be adjusted to your family’s palate. Of course, my family likes it well seasoned. When Walmart approached me about a good recipe made with brown rice, I knew this would be a great family Louisiana dirty rice recipe. It is also a budget friendly recipe using the for Walmart.
Louisiana Dirty Rice Recipe is Healthy!
All my recipes are trim and terrific! I am proving you can enjoy all your Louisiana favorite recipes like dirty rice. No one has time to cook, so I always make sure my recipes are easy. By using brown rice, you have a great healthy start. Did you know white rice has less than 1 gram fiber and brown rice has 3 grams fiber. Such a simple change that makes a difference. Another great tip is whenever you are using meat to look for the leanest cuts. The leanest cuts end in a “loin” or “round” making this a better healthy meat choice.
Watch Me Make My Easy Louisiana Dirty Rice Recipe
Louisiana Dirty Rice from Gulf Coast Favorites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (brown rice takes about an hour to cook)
Makes 4-6 servings
Serving size 1 cup
Cost Per Serving: less than $2
1 pound ground sirloin
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 3/4 cups Great Value beef broth
1. In large nonstick skillet, cook beef, garlic, celery, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is done and vegetables are tender.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce and pepper, stirring well. Add broth and rice, mixing well. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook about an hour or until rice is done.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018
- Ground Beef Dip Recipe For Incredibly Flavored Easy Meaty Italian Dip - January 7, 2018