Best Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe
A homemade vegetable soup recipe is the best! I created a healthy easy recipe for this comfort-food soup. You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen and I promise the recipes tastes like an old fashioned homemade vegetable soup. This recipe is quick, easy-to-make and a kid-friendly homemade vegetable soup recipe. When Walmart wanted an easy, affordable, healthy and delicious vegetablesoup, Wholesome Veggie Soup was my soup solution. Another recipe I created for my Walmart cooking videos series is the Easy Chicken and all ages adore this recipe too.
Watch Holly prepare this fantastic easy and affordable homemade vegetable soup recipe
You’ll love the ease of preparation and the wholesome homemade flavor of this vegetable soup. Remember, you can add whatever vegetables you have on hand. I freeze extra leftover vegetables to toss into soups and this is perfect to add more veggies. This soup is filled with flavor and fiber and also just a great comfort food.
Wholesome Veggie Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Meal Occasion: Lunch/Dinner
Makes eight (1-cup) servings
Serving size one cup or I would say 1 cup
Cost Per Serving: less than $1
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (15-ounce) can Great Value tomato sauce
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Great Value diced tomatoes
4 cups Great Value chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Great Value Worcestershire sauce
1 (16-ounce) package Great Value mixed frozen vegetables (I used mixed vegetables, not stir-fry)
1/3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
1 .In large pot coated with Great Value nonstick cooking spray, cook onion, and garlic, 5–7 minutes.
2. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and vegetables. Bring to boil. Add rice and reduce heat.
3. Continue cooking over medium heat until rice is done, about 15-20 minutes. Add more water if too thick.
Frozen vegetables give you vegetable variety without chopping.
For a heartier version, add lean ground beef and call Burger Soup-kid’s love it.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Buttermilk Pie with Brown Sugar Streusel Topping Recipe for the Holidays - November 17, 2017
- My Favorite Silicone Kitchen Utensils – Cooking Tools Equipment - November 14, 2017
- Food for Nausea – Gingerbread Muffins Recipe Make Easy Holiday Snack - November 13, 2017