Easy Healthy Snacks Kids Recipes
Looking for quick healthy snacks kids recipes with simple ingredients that can be prepared in a snap?! This recipe I created for Walmart. Walmart approached me because they wanted my affordable healthy easy recipes. Walmart knew my passion for practical recipes to eat healthy. I was delighted when they asked me for healthy snacks kids recipes. I knew my kids had fun through the years making these Mini Cheese Pizzas. Involve the kids and let them help make their own pizza. Kids love to help in the kitchen and then they will be more eager to try the recipes. Let the kids create their own pizza with different toppings.
I include this recipe in the Snacks Chapter in my cookbook Eating Well Through Cancer which also focuses on cancer prevention. Snacks are good to have on hand for kids and this recipe adults like for a light meal. Goes great with a cup of soup for lunch.
Remember, you can keep the pizzas simple for the younger ones and pile on vegetables for the adults or to even introduce the kids to expanding their taste buds.
Watch Me Make These Easy Mini Cheese Pizzas
You probably have all the ingredients to make these easy healthy snacks kids recipes. Remember, eating healthy can be easy for kids. Use their favorite ingredients and make faces on the biscuits to make it even more fun! Another fun favorite recipe is the Pizza Rice! Your kids will be requesting this recipe for sure.
Mini Cheese Pizzas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Meal Occasion: Lunch/Snack/Dinner
Makes 10 pizzas
Serving size one biscuit
Cost Per Serving: less than $1
•1 (10-biscuit) can Great Value jumbo flaky refrigerated biscuits
•1/3 cup Great Value Pizza Sauce
•1/2 cup Great Value shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven 450ºF. Pat each biscuit into 4-inch circle on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spoon pizza sauce on each biscuit round. Sprinkle cheese over pizza sauce, bake 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Healthy Snack Tips for Kids:
1. Use veggies to make funny faces, green pepper slice for mouth, black olives for eyes, and mushroom for nose – kids will love this!
2. Spice your pizza up, try different marinara sauces. Be creative and have fun!
HERE’S ALL MY COOKBOOKS TO START HEALTHY EATING THE EASY WAY
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food – Simple Chicken Curry Recipe -Foods Good for Diabetics - January 16, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018