Simplify Your Kitchen with my Six Healthy Kitchen Tips and Easy Cooking Tips
My easy cooking tips will simplify your kitchen! Stress free cooking is my goal with my healthy kitchen tips for busy people! College cooking can be overwhelming so consider these college cooking tips. However, if you’re busy or a novice in the kitchen, I am here for you! My healthy easy recipes describe my approach for eating healthy! We are all so busy today so I want to simplify cooking with my recipes in my practical but best healthy cookbooks. All my easy healthy cookbooks focus on 30 minute recipes because no one has lots of time to cook! In fact, my healthy food blog has so many recipes to help you start cooking healthy!
Years Ago People Spent 40 Hours a Week in the Kitchen! I’m About Stress Free Cooking!
Fifty years ago people spent 40 hours per week in the kitchen, now they are spending less than 4 hours! These days there seems to be less time and more activities so if you find a short cut that works for you, take it! I believe in stress free cooking and hopefully, my easy cooking tips and healthy kitchen tips will help you put a healthy meal on the table. A meal that’s healthy and and delicious!
Six Easy Cooking Tips and Healthy Kitchen Tips for a Stress Free Kitchen!
1. Have over-ripe bananas? Don’t toss the bananas but instead, freeze to pull out and make banana bread at any time. Freeze with or without peeling in plastic freezer tip-top bags. Try this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread from my cookbook Eating Well To Fight Arthritis (healthy antioxidant recipes) for leftover bananas. My Bisquick Banana Bread is another so simple recipe I always have the ingredients for.
Secret To Stress Free Cooking Is A Well Stocked Pantry
2. Don’t have bare shelves. This might be my most important tip! Everyone always wants a shopping list and I have shopping lists included in most all my cookbooks, just for you! This is one of the pages from KITCHEN 101 Cooking Basics Chapter
Think of a well-stocked pantry as a permanent shopping list. It is much easier to cook at home and prepare healthy meals when you keep great basics stocked in your pantry – whole grain pastas, canned low sodium veggies, olive oil, spices.
3. When using a slow cooker, don’t leave the top off. Did you know you can lose up to 20 degrees of cooking heat in as little as 2 minutes. A quick peek, may only change the temperature 1-2 degrees. KITCHEN 101 cookbook has a Crock Pot Convenience Chapter with my popular Easy Crock Pot Roast Recipe-How To Make Roast with Only 3 -Ingredients I also have slow cooker tips throughout this cookbook and some of these tips will surprise you.
4. Know your substitutions...Does a recipe call for sour cream? Use Greek yogurt instead.Greek yogurt is a thicker creamer ingredient plus there’s more protein in Greek yogurt. I do have a few recipes that call for buttermilk and most people don’t have it on hand. Easy enough: Add to 1 cup milk either 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
I Love To Freeze Food But Important to Note My Healthy Cooking Tips in Freezing
5. Use correct freezing instructions – always use proper containers and zip-lock freezer plastic bags to keep your dish fresh and free from freezer burn. Don’t fill to the top as food will expand when freezing. One time I was on the NBC Weekend Today Show early in my career. I talked about how I included a Snowflake symbol on all freezer friendly recipes in that book. Well, the cookbook went to #4 on Amazon (even my kids were impressed). So, after that I always included in all my cookbooks a snowflake to indicate Freezer-Friendly recipes for quick reference. Did you know BBQ Chicken Pizza freezes? Check out my Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
6. Don’t cook everything on high. This is such a common mistake and maybe because we are always in a hurry. Almost everything you ever cook will cook more evenly and thoroughly on low or medium. You only need high to sear or brown, or if you’re trying to bring something to a boil. I know I find myself guilty of using the heat too high but I try to remember.
Simple Colorful Bowls Help Stress Free Cooking Because Fun To Use in Your Kitchen
Kitchen basics are important besides having the best healthy cookbooks to use for recipes. Why is it more fun to cook from colorful bowls? I don’t know but it is and these are easy to use and easy to store. Also not expensive. Sometimes, I like the plastic bowls best and they stack well too. They are lighter.
Stress Free Cooking! Best Healthy Cookbooks To Guide You in The Kitchen
SHOP MY HEALTHY EASY COOKBOOKS AND START COOKING-YES YOU CAN!
Whether you’re a novice in the kitchen or busy? Or if you have a health focused issue or not? Maybe you want to start eating healthier and don’t know how? You are at the right place with my trim & terrific cookbooks. I have tested each recipe and kept them time-efficient and under 30 minutes. Now, you can put a healthy meal on the table for your family with stress free cooking! If you have questions or requests, just let me know!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food – Simple Chicken Curry Recipe -Foods Good for Diabetics - January 16, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018