Chicken Freezer Meals For Make Ahead Dinners with Easy Chicken Enchiladas
I know people love to plan ahead so in all my cookbooks I focus on chicken freezer meals with healthy easy recipes. My favorite Easy Chicken Enchiladas recipe has a snowflake symbol to indicate freezer-friendly recipes. I know people want healthy freezer meal recipes. I included a snowflake in all my cookbooks to help you identify freezer-friendly recipes. My healthy Easy Chicken Enchiladas from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook has fabulous southern and healthy Cajun recipes. With easy freezer meals recipes and my freezer meal tips, you are ready to go!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas Make Best Chicken Freezer Meals
With leftover or even rotisserie chicken, this is my go- to recipe and many times I make a batch for dinner and one for the freezer to pull out on those busy days. And, don’t worry I said “easy” and this recipes includes ingredients you probably have in your pantry. So, I make eating healthy easy for your healthy freezer meal recipes and especially chicken freezer meals like these Easy Chicken Enchiladas. I have my top freezer meal tips just for you! to simplify cooking!
Save Time For Heatlhy Freezer Meal Recipes with My Top Freezer Meals Tips
With our busy lifestyle, freezing has become a way of life, and it is important to understand what recipes freeze and the best way to freeze. Here’s a few freezer meal tips about freezing:
- Save time by planning menus and cooking multiple meals in a single session
- Save money by buying in bulk
- Eat healthier by preparing good meals, with wholesome ingredients, instead of store-bought frozen foods
- Take control of portions to help with dieting
- Prepare special foods for dietary concerns ahead of time
- Spend more time doing the things they love outside the daily kitchen routine
Snowflakes Highlight Healthy Freezer Meal Recipes in My Cookbooks To Help You Plan Ahead
After appearing on the NBC Weekend Today Show years ago with a freezer friendly recipe, my cookbook went to #4 on Amazon. I understood the value of freezer-friendly recipes. Everyone wanted recipes that freeze. I listened!
So, I included a SNOWFLAKE in all my cookbooks to highlight freezer recipes! From casseroles to sweets, lots of dishes freeze great but be sure to wrap appropriately for the freezer. These Easy Chicken Enchiladas are a great example-of one of my chicken freezer meals and easy-to-make healthier options. Remember the snowflake indicates all my freezer-friendly recipes in my cookbooks to simplify your life!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas from Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook
Whip up these “wow” enchiladas in no time at all with rotisserie or leftover chicken, cheese, cream of chicken soup, and green chilies. Remember my freezer meal tips when you freeze these easy chicken enchiladas for your make ahead meal.
2 cups nonfat sour cream
2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
1 onion, chopped
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
3 cups cooked, diced skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
1 cup frozen corn (optional)
12 flour tortillas
1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. In large bowl, combine sour cream, soup, onion, and green chilies and mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine about 1/3 of the sauce, chicken, 1 cup cheese, and corn, if using. Mix well.
3. Divide chicken mixture among 12 tortillas. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Spoon remaining sauce evenly on top of filled enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and pour enchilada sauce on top.
5. Bake, covered with foil, at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until well heated. Remove foil and sprinkle with green onions. Bake 5 more minutes,
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 283, Calories from fat (%) 25, Fat (g) 8, Saturated Fat (g) 3, Cholesterol (mg) 49, Sodium (mg) 670, Carbohydrate (g) 31, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Sugars (g) 5, Protein (g) 20
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat
All MY COOKBOOK TO START HEALTHY COOKING!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Eat with Color the Colors of Olympic Rings – Watch Winter Olympics 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Salmon Recipes – One of Best Easy 5 Ingredient Recipes - February 18, 2018
- Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo -Secret to Simple Healthy Roux for Gumbo - February 10, 2018