Best Lemon Cake Recipe for Summer Entertaining
Nothing kicks off the start of summer like a good old-fashioned barbecue and I have the best lemon cake recipe that is the perfect BBQ sweet treat! You’ll love my moist lemonade layer cake with cream cheese icing. Last summer this was one of my most popular recipes on my healthy food blog! The summer meal is never complete without a sweet treat like my easy lemon desserts. This Lemonade Cake recipe from my trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101 cookbook is the perfect complement to any outdoor entertaining while reflecting the fresh ingredients of the season. 8 Weight Watcher Points Plus, this best Lemon Cake Recipe went viral on my Facebook page last summer!
Luscious Lemon Flavor in Lemonade Layer Cake
My mother loves lemon desserts so this lemonade layer cake from KITCHEN 101 is one of her favorites! Lemons are known for their tart and sour flavor, but as an ingredient, this citrus fruit is the perfect complement to both sweet and savory dishes.
Another source of the lemon essence is frozen lemonade, which is an easy way to keep the lemon flavor on hand in your freezer. And don’t discount the lemon rind in my best lemon cake recipe! A dash of rind goes a long way and really adds that luscious lemon burst of flavor. Can’t wait for you to try my luscious lemonade layer cake!
Easy Lemon Desserts Like My Lemonade Layered Cake Full of Vitamin C
Quench your sweet tooth with this tall drink of citrus dessert! Did you know citrus is high in the antioxidant Vitamin C? Vitamin C plays an important role in growth and tissue repair. Essential for collagen formation, Vitamin C plays a role in helping to keep bone, cartilage and connective tissue strong, helping to relieve arthritis inflammation and pain. Here’s a few kitchen gadgets.
Shop My Favorite Kitchen Baking Basics!
Zester, Raniaco Stainless Steel Grater, Cheese, Lemon, Ginger KitchenAid KHM512TG 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, TangerineKitchenAid Classic Plus Series 4.5-Qt Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Silicone Spatulas Non-Stick Spatula BPA Free Heat Resistant 4-PackPyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup SetPyrex Glass Measuring Cup 4 Cup ( 32 Oz ) GlassMixing Bowl Ser (3 piece- 1.2 qt, 2.1 qt, 3.6 qt) Simple Grip Handle With Non Skid BaseKUKPO Mixing Bowls – 3 piece set- 1.8 Qt, 3.6 Qt, 6.5 Qt, Easy Grip Handle, Non – Skid Bottom
Best Lemonade Cake recipe from KITCHEN 101 cookbook
The best lemon cake recipe, with a light citrus flavor, hits the spot.
Makes 16-20 servings
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 egg whites
1/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind, optional
1 cup buttermilk
Lemonade Frosting (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well mixed. Add eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemonade concentrate and vanilla
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon rind. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. Transfer batter into prepared pans. Bake 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool layers on wire racks. Ice with Lemonade Frosting (see recipe).
2 tablespoons butter
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 (16-ounce) box confectioners’ sugar
1. In mixing bowl, beat butter and cream cheese. Add lemonade concentrate. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar until creamy.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 280, Calories from Fat 25%, Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 39mg, Sodium 167mg, Carbohydrates 49g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 39g, Protein 4g, Dietary Exchanges: 3 other carbohydrate, 1 1/2 fat
Terrific Tip: Use lemonade concentrate (small frozen lemonade) for lemonade cake recipe, icing and then make yourself a drink with any left.
Easy Lemon Desserts Like My No Bake Lemon Pie in Too Hot in the Kitchen Cookbook
Visit my blog for more easy lemon desserts and healthy recipes like my Lemon Pie, perfect for summer entertaining. I know you will love my lemonade layered cake as it really was one of my most popular recipes!
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Eat with Color the Colors of Olympic Rings – Watch Winter Olympics 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oven Baked Salmon Recipes – One of Best Easy 5 Ingredient Recipes - February 18, 2018
- Easy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo -Secret to Simple Healthy Roux for Gumbo - February 10, 2018