50 Shades of Red Cooking
50 Shades of Red theme! Now, that I have your attention, join me in a “red” themed romantic party menu. From a healthy heart to a libido boost (as love is in the air for Valentine’s Day) my quick, easy, and trim & terrific recipes will help you fill the room with romance. In my Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook, Food for the Mood Chapter is filled with recipes for romance with aphrodisiac ingredients. I thought it would be fun to do a romantic menu using the 50 Shades of Red Valentine’s Day theme! My Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook makes the PERFECT Valentine’s Day gift for your wife, sister or girlfriend.
- It was rumored that Casanova ate over 50 raw oysters a day to boost his libido–oysters are high in zinc content, a mineral that aids in the production of testosterone.
- Figs are considered a symbol of fertility and revered as an aphrodisiac.
- So it is said “hot food” generates a physiological response as when you get excited, so spice things up in your kitchen!
My 50 Shades of Red Menu with each course a shade of RED!
I hope you enjoy all these recipes or add in some of your own. Have a great Valentine’s Day and most importantly, no stress in the kitchen!
Start with my popular Mediterranean Layered Spread
This dip is always a crowd favorite, and be sure to use roasted red pepper hummus for the festive red color and delicious flavor.
Soup Course is my Louisiana Crawfish Bisque
Be sure to look for Louisiana crawfish tails! This satisfying sweet potato based soup with a hint of sweetness and touch of curry highlights Louisiana crawfish with a pleasing and unbeatable flavor in my easy crawfish bisque recipe.
50 Shades of Red Strawberry and Kiwi Mixed Green Salad
What could be better than farmer’s market strawberries for pops of bright red over mixed greens drizzled with a raspberry vinaigrette!?! This 50 shades of red Strawberry and Kiwi Mixed Green Salad is from my Too Hot in the Kitchen.
For the Entree Dijon Pepper Beef Tenderloin is Always a Hit
Rare with light red interior, this beef tenderloin recipe is definitely one of my very favorite meals to cook when I entertain, especially for special occasions.
This Pasta is a Side Not to Be Missed – Marvelous Marinara Sauce
Quick and easy yet tastes like it has been cooking all day!
Showstopping Dessert – RED Velvet Cheesecake
When it came to selecting a dessert for my 50 Shades of Red themed menu, of course I had to go with red velvet, so here is my Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe (see recipe below), but you can always make my Red Velvet Berry Trifle or Easy Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing!
Red Velvet Cheesecake from KITCHEN 101 cookbook (Use discount code VAL 20 for 20% off)
Two popular desserts, red velvet cake and cheesecake combine together for the ultimate indulgence.
Makes 16 servings, 2 (9-inch round) cheesecake pies or 1(10-inch) spring form pan
2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg white
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoon cocoa
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 (1-ounce) red food coloring
2 (9-inch) round commercially bought chocolate pie crusts
1. Preheat oven 350° F.
2. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, egg white, cornstarch, cocoa, sour cream, vanilla, buttermilk, vinegar and red food coloring, mixing until well combined.
3. Pour into crust. Bake 35-40 minutes or until center is firm. Turn off oven and remain in oven 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 270 Protein (g) 7, Carbohydrate (g) 13, Fat (g) 12, Calories from Fat (%) 39, Saturated Fat (g) 5, Dietary Fiber (g) 1, Total Sugars 23g Cholesterol (mg) 34, Sodium (mg) 262, Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 2 1/2 fat
If using a springform pan, here’s a crust recipe.
1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients. Press into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Bake 350°F 10 minutes.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- English Muffin Breakfast: Caregiver Recipes Help with Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2017
- Ideas for Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Recipes and Think Pink Products - October 12, 2017
- Quick Family Dinner Ideas – Back To School Dinner Recipes! - October 5, 2017