My Popular Shrimp and Corn Soup Goes Southwestern!
A spectacular Shrimp and Corn soup that’s easy and nutritious. This amazing recipe is from my easy, healthier and fun cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle At Any Age and honestly this Southwestern, Shrimp, Corn and Sweet Potato Soup is truly one of my most popular and personal favorite soup recipes.Easy to make and everyone loves the flavor combimation. The sweet potatoes, a great source of fiber and Vitamin C, pair so well with the protein rich shrimp.
Shrim pand Corn Soup makes Easy One-Pot Meal
I love an easy one-pot dish and I especially like a meal that requires nothing more than mixing the ingredients and heating. I made this shrimp and corn soup in my crockpot and then I could serve it whenever I wanted too. The spicy aroma of chili powder and cumin fills my house with the warm smell of fall. Check out more of my favorite and easy soup recipes
Southwestern Shrimp, Corn, and Sweet Potato Soup from Too Hot in the Kitchen
Naturally sweet yams, shrimp, corn and spicy southwestern seasonings flawlessly come together in this easy (dump and stir) shrimp and corn soup.
Makes 12 (1-cup) servings
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups diced peeled Louisiana yams, (sweet potatoes)
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn
1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (10-ounce) can chopped tomatoes and green chilies
1 cup salsa
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 pounds peeled medium shrimp
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped green onions
1. In large nonstick pot coated with nonstick cookign spray, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add all ingredients except shrimp and bring mixture to boil.
2. Add shrimp, return to boil, reduce heat and continue cooking until shrimp are done, 7-10 minutes. Season to taste and sprinkle with green onions when serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 146, Calories from fat 8%, Fat 1g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 84mg, Sodium 518mg, Carbohydrate 23g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g, Protein 12g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 very lean meat.
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- English Muffin Breakfast: Caregiver Recipes Help with Cancer Treatment - October 16, 2017
- Ideas for Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Recipes and Think Pink Products - October 12, 2017
- Quick Family Dinner Ideas – Back To School Dinner Recipes! - October 5, 2017