Do you have any fresh fig recipes?
Fresh Fig Recipes are the best! Especially delicious easy fig recipes. When I hear figs, I immediately turn to Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook as I LOVE this pizza featuring figs as you savor sweet and salty in every bite with this wonderful ingredient. Everyone seems to be asking me about figs-either someone is picking them or getting them fresh from a friend-so must be fig time. Did you know they are high in fiber and potassium. Remember, for fresh fig recipes, you can always use dried, however, I think the fresh are the best!
SHOP NOW FOR THIS RECIPE
Easy Fig Recipes: One of my FAVORITE Fresh Fig Recipes is An Easy Fig Pizza!
Don’t turn up your nose when you hear me say how unbelievable a pizza is with figs! My trim & terrific cookbooks include easy recipe but they sound like gourmet many times. Once you make this scrumptious pizza, you will make it over and over again!
Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pizza from Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets To Sizzle At Any Age
Another one of my favorite fresh fig recipes is my Fresh Fig Bundt Cake which is moist and a real treat during fig season. Next time you see fresh figs in the grocery, you now have some simple, delicious easy fig recipes. Remember, they are high in fiber and potassium, combined with sweet caramelized onion, salty prosciutto and creamy goat cheese turn pizza into a palate pleasing masterpiece. Sometimes I use fig preserves for the marmalade.
Makes 8 servings
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 small onion, thinly sliced
Pinch of sugar
1 (12-ounce) thin pizza crust
2 tablespoons orange marmalade or fig preserves
4 ounces figs, sliced in thirds
2 ounces prosciutto, cut into pieces
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, optional
1. In small nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and sauté onion, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes until start to turn golden. Add sugar and continue cooking until caramel color. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven 450°F. On pizza crust, spread remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and cover with orange marmalade. Arrange cooled onions, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese and mozzarella on crust.
3. Sprinkle with rosemary, if desired. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust crisp.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 281, Calories from fat 34%, Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 16mg, Sodium 279mg, Carbohydrate 38g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 12g, Protein 6g, Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Cranberry Bread Recipe with Bisquick! A Cranberry Sweet Potato Recipe - December 12, 2017
- Easy Sesame Chicken Recipe Is Favorite Sesame Chicken Crock Pot Recipe - December 12, 2017
- Dessert Party Menu with BEST Short-Cut Holiday Party Ideas & Coffee Bar - December 12, 2017