Is it possible to have a healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies recipe?
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe make the best cookies for a reason. How about an easy healthy oatmeal cookies? When you can’t decide if you want oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies, then you get both and this combination is sooooo good! I admit I love cookies and somtimes when I have a lot on my mind, I go into the kitchen and bake cookies! Not only are these cookies delicious, but they are a healthier version of your favorite oatmeal cookie. With eating healthy a prioorty on my healthy cooking blog, of course, this cookie comes from my fun, healthy cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. If you don’t have Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook, everyone who has it thinks it has the best recipes. Of course, I agree.
My Easy Healthy Oatmeal Cookies on my Healthy Food Blog Will Rival Any Cookie!
Also, besides easy healthy oatmeal cookies, I have the best gluten-free healthy peanut butter cookies from KITCHEN 101. Probably, I have more fantastic healthy cookie recipes in my cookbooks than you could ever make, because I do have a sweet tooth! Best of all you won’t miss any flavor or fat with my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe and you can whip them up easily!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe Freeze Great!
Did you know that cookies freeze really well? I love homemade cookies and if you know me, you know I always keep homemade cookies in my freezer. We happen to like rozen cookies even better so how great is it you can go to the freezer at any time for home baked cookies. I do love them frozen but I admit my favorite way to eat cookies is hot out of the oven. Of course, you can always defrost the frozen cookies in the microwave so they are warm. Remember to always freeze cookies properly in a freezer zip top bag so they stay fresh and can last up to 6 months.
Dark Chocolate Chips and Toasted Pecans
There are two tricks that I think make my chooclate oatmeal cookies recipe the best ever. I always like to toast the pecans because that gives the pecans an intense toasty flavor. Also, dark chocolate chips are healthier but I love the dark rich flavor contrast to the cookies. You can buy dark chocolate chips in any grocery store.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook
Makes 3 dozen cookies
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven 350°F. and coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until blended. Add egg and vanilla, and mix until creamy.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing only until combined and stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and pecans. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baking pans.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookie edges begin to brown.
Nutritional info per serving: Calories 90 Calories from Fat 39%, Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 38mg, Carbohydrates 13g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars8g, Protein 1g, Dietary Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Terrific Tip: Sometimes I lay out wax paper but I really like a good cooling rack/baking rack for my cookies
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Easy Buttermilk Pie with Brown Sugar Streusel Topping Recipe for the Holidays - November 17, 2017
- My Favorite Silicone Kitchen Utensils – Cooking Tools Equipment - November 14, 2017
- Food for Nausea – Gingerbread Muffins Recipe Make Easy Holiday Snack - November 13, 2017