Best Bisquick Coffee Cake Recipe Is Sweet Potato Coffee Cake!
I love making sweet potato recipes and this Bisquick coffee cake recipe with sweet potatoes might be my best coffee cake recipe you can make! I call my Sweet Potato Coffee Cake a Yummy Yam Praline Coffee and it’s from my cookbook, Too Hot in the Kitchen. Made with Bisquick and a simple dough, this sinfully delicious treat freezes well and makes a wonderful breakfast, dessert or snack. Don’t let this dough intimidate you as so easy to work with. You can even pat out with your hands.I usually keep these ingredients in my pantry to whip up this simple coffee cake recipe whenever I need to impress someone with a morning or mid-day treat. You also might wonder what’s the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? In the United States, we use them interchangeably.
Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake from Too Hot in the Kitchen
Makes 16 servings
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
1/3 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Coat 9x9x2-square baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. In bottom of prepared pan, mix butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread evenly in pan and sprinkle with pecans.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat together biscuit baking mix, sweet potatoes, and milk until dough forms a ball. Turn dough onto surface heavily dusted with baking mix and roll or pat into 12-inch long rectangle.
4. In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture and cranberries evenly over dough. Roll up dough jellyroll style from longer side. Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces and arrange on top of pecan mixture in pan (dough spreads when baking).
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around sides. Invert onto serving plate and scrape any brown sugar mixture from pan to top cake.
Nutritional information: Cal 184 Cal from fat 30% Fat 6g Saturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 4mg Sodium 254mg Carbohydrate 31g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 16g Protein 2g Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
Sweet Potato Coffee From Too Hot in the Kitchen Cookbook– Great Cookbook To Read! Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age – 200 Simple and Sassy Recipes
I have a lot of cookbooks but honestly, people who have this Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook say it is their favorites. I have met so many people that don’t cook and really like reading cookbooks. Well, with women’s quotes and coffee paring this cookbook will have your undivided attention. Besides, the recipes are a little more trendy and the chapters are just so great!
This Sweet Potato Coffee Cake recipe that I call Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake is from the Brunch and Munch Chapter and makes the best coffee cake recipe. All the recipes are healthy easy recipes and you’ll enjoy preparing them. Remember, I believe in one-stop shopping and eating healthy! Perfect women’s gift for your mom, sister, daughter or girlfriend!
Why My Sweet Potato Coffee Cake Makes Best Coffee Cake Recipe
Like a Bisquick cranberry bread but with pecans in a coffee cake! This best coffee cake recipe is from my Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. Simple to make, with one bite you will agree that there’s nothing as good as this Bisquick coffee cake recipe. I remember the first time I made the Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake my kids said, “Mom, this looks like the kind of coffee cake you buy in the grocery!” For once, my kids were impressed! With that reaction, I said this is my best coffee Cake recipe!! With the praline topping and cranberries and yam sweet dough, OMG is this delicious.
What’s The Difference Between Sweet Potatoes and Yams?
Do you often wonder what’s the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? Well, a true yam actually is a tuber grown in the tropics, and a true sweet potato is an enlarged root of the sweet potato plant that is starchy when harvested but becomes sweeter after storage. In the 1930’s, as Louisiana sweet potatoes were shipped to the eastern states, the consumer recognized that Louisiana sweet potatoes were moist, sweet and soft when baked. Thus, “Louisiana Yams” (yam comes from African word “nyami” means “to eat”) became the trademark of the Louisiana sweet potato distinguishing them as the sweetest and most moist variety.
Best Coffee Cake Recipe with Yams, Cranberries and Pecans!
This is one of my favorite Louisiana yam recipes that makes the best coffee cake recipe. This melt-in-your mouth Bisquick coffee cake recipe with yams, cranberries and pecans I honestly have no willpower–natural sweetness of yams, tart cranberries and a toasty pecan praline topping. Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake from Too Hot in the Kitchen cookbook. Remember, any sweet potato recipe may be made with canned or fresh cooked sweet potatoes. I have also had people use pumpkin which also works fine. My Sweet Potato Bread recipe with only four ingredients is another popular holiday sweet potato recipe.
Terrific Sweet Potato Tidbits:
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams) drained and mashed equals 1 cup.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked equals 1 cup mashed
- If a recipe calls for canned sweet potatoes, fresh cooked sweet potatoes may be used.
- Bake sweet potatoes, wrap well, and freeze to pull out for a quick dinner side.
- Sweet potatoes (yams) should not be refrigerated unless cooked. iiiiii
Mini Food Processor Solves All Your Cooking Solutions
Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
I LOVE this smaller food processor for chopping, mashing and mixing. For years, I had the largest Cuisinart food processor made and thought that was what I needed. When I am cooking in quantity I still take it out. Well, I was at my mother’s house and she pulled out her mini food processor. I realized it is the perfect size to pull out for quick recipes.
Easy to use, inexpensive and so easy to store as it doesn’t take up much room. I was so excited she bought me one for a present so I wanted to share the link with you. Maybe you already use this smaller version. They have a 3 or 4-cup mini processor and it’s the perfect size.
Need Some Stocking Stuffers? Some Fun Kitchen Gifts You Might Not Have Thought of?
Latest posts by Holly Clegg (see all)
- Healing Power of Food Experts- Join My Interview For Living With Diabetes - January 19, 2018
- White Chicken Chili Recipe, Gumbo & Wonderful Winter Soups - January 11, 2018
- Mardi Gras Party Menu – Easy Chicken Gumbo to Crescent Roll King Cake - January 8, 2018